Saturday, August 11, 2007

New Project

This is a little piece I started working on the other night. I got the Idea from the book Convergence, by Ricky Tims.

I started with 4 of my hand dyed fabrics.


I cut them into strips, starting with 3/4" and increasing the stops by 1/4". The Largest is 2 1/2"



I then sewed them together as shown, going from smallest to largest in opposite directions.








I decided which colors I wanted to go beside each other and cut them again with the same increments and sewed them together the same way. I know I will be putting a border on it and some kind of decorative quilting.

I'll post more as it is finished.

2 comments:

Almostgreat said...

This looks like a really cool project. I may have to try it with some of those extra fat quarters that I have!

Lucy said...

Wow! I love that! I can see so many possibilities. If Jeb would just climb off my lap I could do some of them! hee hee hee.