Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Seasonal Quilt Block Exchange

OK, I am not going to tell who this is for.

I just want to get wet your appetites a little.



I have set a goal to not buy fabric for things like this and try to use from my stash. (My husband will love this!) So here are close ups of some of the fabrics I used.

Fabric 1: Is autumn leaves with a few nuts. I great fabric I found in my stash. It is not a new retro print but older fabric. Very nice.

I have a lot of fabric that I have been given by friends who are cleaning out their stash, or are older and don't sew much any more. (You can never be to old!) So I don't remember where I got this but I love it!

Fabric 2: I bought this for a Christmas Orniment project that I ended up only making 1 orniment. So I have about a yard of this. It is scarlet with a print that looks like a brush stroke. I used 2 other red prints that are red on red but their print just looked solid red in the pic's.
Fabric 3: A nice little flowering vine with autumn colored flowers. Another older fabric that I don't know where it came from but I love it. I wish I had more of it now. Sad I have less then a fat quarter.
Fabric 4: I bought this a few years ago. We had a family quilt block exchange at one of our Bennion Family reunions and I had thought I might use this fabric. I picked it up in a great little shop in Springfield MO. http://www.quiltsampler.com/productcart/pc/home.asp
I found it on their sale table. Always check out the sale table!!

Fabric 5: Again another gift fabric. What else can you call them when some one is giving away their stash. "I'm just a girl who can't say no!" You can nevre have to much fabric! Fabric 6: A great golden tan. You can never have to many tans. They go with so many things. I don't remember when where or why I bought this other then I love it and and it is a dark version of yellow my favorit color. I feel that every quilt needs a yellow in it to brighten it up. Well this is my yellow even if it is a tan. There is also a nice little brown print that Ipicked up at the shop in MO.

Last is Fabric 7: A green border. I bought this at the same time I bought fabric 4 and for the same reason. Thing is I didn't use either for that project so I have them to use now. And since this is an Autumn quilt I felt that It needed green cuz here in Oklahoma the grass is green for a long long time.
So here is the work in progress.
The pattern is called tessellating leaves.




1 comment:

Almostgreat said...

Very autumny... I like it!! It would be a lot of fun to do that exchange. I just do not have easy access to cotton fabric any more. I will just have to be jealous of your postings. Maybe when we move somewhere with establish quilting stores or fabric shops. oh well...