Monday, November 12, 2007

The Call


My son Kit just received a mission call to serve in Sacramento California for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He will be teaching the Spanish speaking people there. We are very pleased with his decision to serve a 2 year mission. He has been a wonderful boy to raise, but now he is a man and is doing the right thing. I am so grateful for the honor I have had as being his Mom. It will be hard to have him gone for 2 years. I don’t think I like the idea of an empty nest. EM is still here but we almost never see her any more. We want our children to grow up and go out into the world and be successful but we sure do miss them when they do. I have found with raising 7 children that once they lHave left home once they are never really home after that. They may come home to visit, or even to live for a while. But they have changed and are more like a roommate and less like a child.


So Kit we are very pleased with you and are glad you have made this choice.

“Remember Who You Are” and

“Return with Honor”.

No comments: