Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Madi

I have a new little Grandbaby.
Her name is Madilyn Avery Hatch.

She was born October 20th 2007

9 lbs, 1 oz

19 inches long

(2 days later she was 21 inches long)

EM and I drove 17 hours to stay with Rachel after Madi came.
It was very wonderful to be able to spend a whole week holding Madi
and helping Rachel get used to being a new mom. Madi is her 1st baby

New babies come into the world so inocent, wounderful and wrinckley!

Since Madi was such a big baby she was a very good baby. I have found that big babies are less fussy, they eat well, and sleep well. Their little tummy's are bigger and can hold more so they are satisfied longer.


All I can say is that she was wonderful.


Welcom to the world Madi!

Madi's Mom wanted to have her 3 weeks early and called to tell me that she was hurting so bad and had been walking all day to try to get the baby to come and was at the hospital cuz this had to be labor. I wished her well and told her to call me if they decided to keep her there.
After I got off the phone I remembered that Kit was scheduled to get his wisdom teeth out that Friday. So I called Rachel back and told her that she was just going to have to go home and wait because I could only take care of 1 sick kid at a time and Kit was scheduled 1st.
Well they kept her at the hospital for a few hours and then told her to go home and get some rest. They gave her a sleeping pill. I thought that was nice of Madi to wait so that I could come and help out after she was born.


Kit after the Wisdom teeth came out.

He has a great Rice Bag made by his Aunt Lucy of My Byrd House. It is a long bag made of cotten fabric filled with rice. It is in a fun slip case (like a pillow case) that can be removed easly and washed. You put the rice bag in the microwave for 2 minutes and that it makes a great heat pack. Kit lived it and it really helped to reduce the swelling.

1 comment:

Emily Cole said...

She's beautiful - cogratulations! Em